Posted on Sunday 12 February 2017, 14:32
On the 16th of January 2017 we had our Early years inspection by Ofsted. We are pleased to announce we achieved an outstanding in all areas , which we are very pleased about.
Please read below to see some of what the ofsted inspector had to say:
- Children are highly motivated by the extremely exciting range of challenging learning experiences that staff provide. They become immersed in learning as they explore, investigate and engage with the natural environment of the woodland.
- The quality of teaching is inspirational. Staff have an outstanding knowledge of how to engage with children to continually support and challenge their learning. Staff skilfully exploit all learning opportunities so that children make exceptionally rapid progress.
- Children show extremely high levels of confidence and independence. They demonstrate a deep understanding of how to stay safe, and how to look after themselves and their friends. This encourages them to take safe risks in their play and build strong relationships with others.
- Staff have exceptionally high standards regarding safety. They complete thorough risk assessments and review their practices frequently based on children’s needs, weather conditions and prior experience to protect children’s welfare at all times.
- Strong leadership and the commitment of a dedicated and very well-qualified staff team help to ensure that the provision offers high-quality learning experiences for children. A strong emphasis on evaluation helps to ensure areas for improvement are quickly identified and promptly addressed, constantly raising the quality of provision.
For the full report please follow the link below